Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Christina Kay Jewell

We finally have a name! Our little baby girl was born May 29th, 2008 at 10:39 and weighed 6 lbs, 11.3 ounces. Everything went like clockwork. She sure seems like a tiny thing compared to the other bruisers. But she has gotten the eating and sleeping skills down pat--and the screaming skills, when she doesn't feel that she's being heard.

The name selection was grueling. We didn't really even start thinking of names until the day after she was born. The day she was born, we started thinking of boys names, but that came to a halt at 10:30pm on her birthday. A few names jumped out at us, including the name of my preceptor, "Kay", and her mentor in the same department, "Christy". I didn't really like the idea of using their names at first, but when I saw that Imelda liked Christina as a name, and I liked Christy and Chrissy as options, then both of those people came to my mind again. They are good people, good nurses and after I looked up the meanings of the names on the internet, we were sold on Christina Kay Jewell. Christiana means "follower of Christ" and Kay mean "pure". So there you have it. Click the picture below to see a photo album.

Christina Kay Jewell

No comments: